Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Here is the review I submitted for Hiya Hiya Puppy Snips ---
I bought a couple of pair to add to tatting exchange boxes. I like them, just because they're cute and tiny and different, but the little spring comes off too easily. If you were the recipient of a pair, please be advised:


Originally submitted at Alpaca Direct

Hiya Hiya Puppy Snips Only 1 7/8" when closed Assorted Colors (colors may vary)

Cute, but not for Kids!
By Tatting Lottie from Ocala, FL on 3/18/2014


3out of 5
Pros: Cute, Tiny, Different
Cons: Spring Comes Out, Easily Broken
Comfort vs Style: Comfort Driven
Was this a gift?: No
I wanted these tiny snips to use while tatting, thinking I could put a set on my key chain, in my tatting bag, etc. so that they would be handy. However, within two minutes of spotting a pair on my key chain my eight year old grandson opened them like scissors. Mistake! That instantly caused the spring to fly off. Yes, I put it back on, but I have to be very careful that it doesn't happen again. I think it should be secured better, perhaps with glue, or even better a hook that would keep both ends of the spring in place. So, I think they're great for grown ups to use as snips, but you do have to be careful with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment