Friday, May 04, 2018

Almost Forgot About This Blog O Mine!

It's been forever since I posted, years... I'm sure nobody missed me... I don't even think I have followers anymore.  That's okay... time to catch up anyway even if it's just for me.

Since I've written on this blog so many things have changed (lost loved ones, too many to count) but so many things remain the same, thank goodness. I'm still in the same house in the same town with the same loving husband. I still love photography and I still collect insulators, although financial constraints have slowed the acquisitions down considerably. I now have four glorious grandchildren and I really enjoy the time I spend with them.

My tatting shuttles are gathering dust these days, along with a zillion balls of tatting thread. Instead I've taken up sewing. I've made three quilts and five purses... I'm in love with the purses, just sayin'. There are so many wonderfully helpful websites out there dedicated to bag making -- with free patterns and friendly, encouraging people! I'm having so much fun making bags to give as gifts and I've got a couple squirreled away for myself. At the rate I'm going I will have one for every day of the week -- and why not?

I've made two with this fabric, one as a Sweet Sixteen birthday gift and this one for me. I think it's spring-y and colorful and I just love it! The free pattern is by Sara Lawson at Sew Sweetness - an easy sew.


Here's another one. I made two of these exactly the same thinking  my daughter would fall in love with it. No. She said, "Why would I want an African looking bag?" African? I never though African when I looked at it. No accounting for taste, I guess. The same pattern as the yellow one, this time with Tula Pink fabric.

and to round out the purse post -- here are a few more that I made as gifts.



So that's what's going on in my life right now... Helping at Toomey Tools every now and then to get out of the house, sewing some, loving Kevin and taking care of him as best I can -- watching the grandchildren grow like weeds. It could be a lot worse. I'm thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment